Saturday, 15 March 2003

Copy protected CDs. I always swore to myself that I'd never buy one (why pay for something I can't even bloody use). Accidentally bought one the other week and before I realised the lady wife had disposed of the receipt. Damn!

My mission should I choose to accept it (of course I will), is to copy this CD to mp3 if it's the last thing I ever do. The CD in question is the Foo Fighters - One by One and I'm open to suggestions. When I put the CD into either of my laptops drives all I get is a chunking noise (like the heads are jumping around looking for some information that isn't there) yet it plays just fine in the normal stereo, in the car and even in the DVD player downstairs... Just not on my laptop (which means I can't listen to it on headphones while working).

Currently, I'm going to rip it from an analogue source (ie. a cable from the CD player to the line-in on the laptop) but it's a tedious process - fired only by my anger over getting duped like this, but if anybody has any better suggestions (or even just the mp3s that they've ripped themselves) I'm open to offers.

No comments: