Monday, 21 April 2008

Delirium


Delirium, originally uploaded by REALJimBob.

Went to see Delirium at the O2 at the weekend. Sadly I found it quite disappointing. Having seen Circque du Soleil's "O" in Las Vegas which I found amazing, this was significantly less on a number of fronts.


The change in format from O's water based acrobatics to Delirium's more musical performance didn't really work for me -- after all, I'm there to see acrobatics, dammit. The venue, the O2, wasn't ideal either. The two side screens for the projections covered up a lot of the performance, and the continual practice of pulling that curtain across the stage every five minutes just confused the already overly surreal 'plot'. I say plot, even after the explanations on Nik's blog I'm still totally stumpted.

No comments: